It’s a 12oz. spray can. Go to an auto shop.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2020, at 7:39 PM, Lee Youngblood via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 So send us a pic or link - searching for cold in a covid year doesn’t work!

On May 20, 2020, at 4:28 29PM, John Irvin via CnC-List

When faced with seized metal joints sometimes alternating heat and cold helps.
There’s a spray COLD blaster.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 20, 2020, at 5:26 PM, Shawn Wright via CnC-List

Mine used one 1/4" bolt through flange landing on woodruff key, and two
additional 5/16" bolts on flange landing directly on prop shaft. I use PB
Blaster on each of the bolts, and carefully backed them out slowly (SS bolts,
steel one piece flange), which worked well after waiting a day or so after
applying PB Blaster. One loose, the flange rotated without much trouble, but I
didn't remove entirely due to clearance issues, so I aborted my plan of
removing the transmission. Cleaned up threads on flange and bolts with tap &
die and re-installed with nickel anti-seize.
PB Blaster is my top choice for penetrant, having used it successfully on many
very stuck fasteners over the years.
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com<mailto:shawngwri...@gmail.com>

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:29 PM John Christopher via CnC-List
All,

Thanks for all of your gracious feedback, approaches, and experiences.

Checked to see if there were multiple set screws, etc. everything looks good
from that standpoint.

Removal continues to be an issue. I left the puller on the coupler with
pressure. Put some penetrating oil in the set screw holes and shaft entry,
taped Over holes, and rotated shaft. Said an “our father” Prayer and left for a
day. I’ll be back at the boat tomorrow. Next consideration will be cutting and
replacing shaft and coupler :(.

Launch is approaching fast with access to marinas now open...

Wanna go sailing :).

/John

On May 20, 2020, at 9:24 AM, Bill Coleman