Hi David,

How about your boat's deck self-bleaching / cleaning every time it rains?

That's pretty much where mine is these days.  I give it a bleach / Woody's
wax in the spring and another one in the fall.  Beyond that I rinse  the
deck once a month or two and clean the black streaks every month or two,
they are very light and that takes about 20 minutes all together using Star
Bright Streak remover.  That's it.

How's that possible?

I've been doing a pretty heavy handed application of Comet / Bartender's
friend powdered bleach scrubbed in with coarse scrub brushes 2 or 3 times a
year since I got the boat 8 years ago.

 This was not done on purpose but the bleach seems to have worked it's way
into the somewhat porous original gelcoat substrate of the deck, and now
every time it rains, some bleach oozes back out and the combination with
southern sunshine bleaches the works for me :-)

I also do a finish clean / wax using Woody's Wax products twice a year
right after I'm done bleaching.  Not sure if it's the combination or the
bleach itself but it works.

This year we had a pretty heavy deposit of yellow pollen and it got stuck
under my steering assembly / on the cockpit sub-floor and the drainage
created a noticeable yellow streak on my stern.  I worked on the boat last
weekend and serviced the steering system /  cleaned everything in the area
but didn't have enough time to address the yellow streaks. Similarly, I had
enough time to quickly rinse off the deck / remove tree crud and pollen but
not enough to bleach it.

I was planning on bleaching this weekend but when I went to practice my
racing crew on Tuesday night I found the that the yellow streak was gone
and most of the deck is Lilly white pristine!  Best I can surmise the heavy
rains from Sunday / Monday night and bright sunshine during the day
bleached it from me. Go figure.  All it needs now is a few touches of
bleach + The regular Woody's wax and we're good to go 'till October :-)

https://www.westmarine.com/search?Ntt=Woody%27s+wax+cleaner

Good luck with the project!

Best Regards,

Francois Rivard