I hate disagreeing with Josh or Edd as I respect you guys so much.  But my
opinion is that if you need volume pumping, something is dramatically wrong.
If you're not on the boat, it will sink anyway.  If you're on the boat, it may
give you more time to find the leak, but my centrifugal pumps tend to clog,
bind up, or at least never pump to the stated volume.   I'd rather have a 300
gph pump I think will actually pump that much than a 1,000 rated gph pump that
ultimately I don't think I can fully rely on that actually delivers 500
gph.Centrifugal pumps tend to rely on numbers without lift, where diaphragm
pumps are not affected nearly as much.Just my $.02 worthBruce Sent from Samsung
tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 6/23/20  10:16 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C&C List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List Bilge pump question The diaphragm pumps are great for getting the
very last drops but they tend to be relatively low flow rate.  I would suggest
that you consider adding as high of a capacity pump as will fit and have it run
on an automatic switch.  You could have them run simultaneously but really
having just the new high flow pump run as the primary pump is sufficient.  Once
the bilge is pumped, you can pump the dredges manually with the diaphragm
pump.For high flow you're basically going to get a centrifugal pump.  I
replaced the original Rule with another pricey Rule pump which failed withing 3
years.  I replaced it with a Walmart Atwood Pump which failed within 3 years
and replaced it with the current Johnson pump.  I'm not hopeful that it will
last more than 3 years.Josh Muckley S/V Sea Hawk 1989 C&C 37+Solomons, MDOn
Tue, Jun 23, 2020, 16:02 Matt Wolford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>