You learn something new every day on this list.

Hadn’t heard of the moisture /dehumidify mode.

<<MOISTURE MODE

Use Moisture Mode to help control humidity. While in the On Mode,
simultaneously press the Power and Down buttons. The first

cycle starts in one minute. Every four hours, the fan circulates air for 30
minutes. During this time, the air temperature is

sampled and entered into memory. If necessary, the cooling cycle starts and
continues until the temperature is lowered 2° F

(1.1° C) or until the compressor runs a maximum of one hour. Four hours after
the temperature is satisfied or the compressor

times out, the cycle repeats. The “HU1” code displays while in Moisture Mode.
Press the Power button once to end Moisture

Mode.>>

So, sounds like Jack is saying this moisture mode.  Sounds like to me, if the
thermostat were to cool off and it was still humid, and maybe warm areas of the
boat, it would force it to keep cooling?  Most people at our club just set it
to 78, or whatever and leave it go, as electricity is not metered at the boat.
It seems to me that the moisture mode would work better for you down there.

I had a very large computer room compressor years ago that I could set the
humidity level on, so I set it at 45%.  Worked great, until I saw my bill
triple. Turns out, the second compressor kicked on, prompting the electric
heaters to kick on, and gave me a rude awakening.

Bill Coleman.