I just did this on my floor panels inside and the companion ways steps that
I completely refinished. I wanted to keep the wood semi gloss finish but
then taped off specific patches in areas of concern and sprinkled a rubber
granule called Soft Sand in between coats. Came out wonderful! Pictures are
on my Instagram pages.  Search:  nina1980cc