I just bought a new ev100 wheel pilot and after about 6 hours of use it started
to squeal. Problem was the same, squeak was in the clutch roller on the
eccentric attached to the clutch handle. The eccentric on the other side of the
motor is the tension adjuster, and it is a mirror image of the clutch
eccentric. The roller and the eccentric are both plastic, and a bit (emphasis
on a bit - a very thin layer) of grease on the inside of the rollers fixed the
problem. I was warned not to get grease on the belt or the drive cog wheel,
which makes sense.
Dan SheerPegathy Landfall 38Rock Creek off the Patapsco