From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Josh Muckley
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2020 9:18 AM
To: C&C List
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Timing Belt

Here is a picture from the yanmar service manual.  Sorry for the delay it took
me a bit to get it compressed small enough.

Josh Muckley

S/V Sea Hawk

1989 C&C 37+

Solomons, MD

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, 10:33 Robert Abbott via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

Has anyone ever experienced an issue with a broken timing belt in our
marine diesel engines?

A club member had his break recently and it destroyed his engine which
he choose to replace rather than repair....and not sure if it actually
could be replaced.   I'll get more info on the exact type of engine and
the extent of the damage.  He said some marine diesel engine 'timing
belts' can break but not cause the kind of damage his did.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.