To your point about hydraulic backstay adjusters - when last boat shopping I
learned to sight along the topsides and look for hull buckling in the area of
the shrouds - some was quite pronounced.   This was an issue with several late
‘60s/early 70s boats I looked at, and there seemed to be a strong correlation
with the use of the hydraulic adjuster.  I would also expect these boats did
not have the mast/deck hooks being discussed.

You mention deck tabbing also - on my 33-2 hull #61, (mar ‘85) the hanging
locker bulkheads were not tanned to the deck, however sometime after that, it
seems to have been done at the factory.  I tabbed mine and the boat is
noticeably quieter and the deck stiffer.    Same generation and similar build
to the 35-3.

For anyone interested:
https://cncwindstar.blogspot.com/2019/07/bulkheaddeck-reinforcement-at-hanging.html?m=1

On the mast hooks - what was not mentioned is that the alignment of the mast
holes and final resting point of the hooks can be fine-tuned by elevating the
mast with the addition of shims in the mast step.

Dave

(And Rob - your expertise and participation in this group is greatly
appreciated - thanks!)

Sent from my iPhone