Here's a link to some pics of my setup.

https://flic.kr/p/pHsMrg

Tom B

At 06:03 PM 1/20/2021, you wrote:

On this relatively recent thread, I see the idea I have for mounting a horizontal windless on a custom shelf under the locker hatch . Edd, how did your project work out? Lessons learned? I see earlier comment on this from Martin DeYoung and others.

On my ‘85 37, I’m thinking of mounting heavy 7-inch alum “C” channel beneath my bow cleats (replacing backer plates), securing to the bottom legs a double glassed shelf (3/4” m.grade ply) to span the locker opening p-s. The cleats are center-locker, which seems an ideal position for the Maxwell windlass Santa is belatedly delivering. I see added benefit of more structure in the bow but your thoughts are welcome on possible issues from this arrangement. It does reduce access to the locker somewhat, but a 10” shelf out of 28” opening allows some room yet.

Thoughts?

Thanks to all of the subscribers that contributed to the list to help with the costs involved. If you want to show your support to the list - use PayPal to send contribution -- https://www.paypal.me/stumurray Thanks - Stu

Tom & Lynn Buscaglia
SV Alera
C&C 37+/40
Vashon Island WA