From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2021 12:49:28 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Winch bit

Found "The Cranker" bit for $40.
https://www.thecranker.com/#_What_is_%E2%80%A6?

Never tried one but it looks worth having the bit.
I'd rather do this at the dock and use a corded angle drill like
this $150 one from Harbor Freight
https://www.harborfreight.com/13-amp-2-speed-12-in-heavy-duty-right-angle-drill-kit-64121.html

Or rig up an electric winch at the base of the mast with a remote control.

Or hoist a duffelbag full of anchor chain weighing the same weight of the
climber to the mast head and then use that to neutralize the climber's weight
so he can scamper on up at his leisure.  Never tried it but read it somewhere.

Chuck S