Yes.  It’s a good way to go.

FYI – when the halyard is not attached to the top swivel, you’ll need a way to
attach it to the tow rail (or wherever you keep it when not used.

From: Matthew via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:35 AM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Matthew <wolf...@erie.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Furler question

While on the topic of furlers, I noticed a couple times last summer that we had
difficulty unfurling the sail.  My best guess is that the wire rope thimble
holding the snap shackle onto the halyard was banging into something up top.
I’m replacing the wire-to-rope halyards with all rope for this year, and my
line supplier said if I’m using a furler (Harken in my case) I don’t need a
snap shackle on the halyard.  All I need is an eye splice because the furler
already has a snap shackle for the halyard.  Does anyone have this arrangement
(just an eye splice at the end of the halyard)?

Please advise.  Thanks.

Matt

send contribution --    <https://www.paypal.me/stumurray>
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray  Thanks - Stu