Peter,  I haven't been able to use the A3 in our OD races -- it isn't class
legal until 2021.

Racing PHRF in Wednesday 6 mile races I've been using an asail which is close
to an A2 - very close to a symmetrical that was modified to be an asail.  Using
a tack line I've been very competitive.  I haven't used the asail off the
spinnaker pole yet, hence my query.

Bob