I am certain my bilge pump switch is more reliable than the wifi. In the winter I have a garboard plug so it’s not an issue then. I wanted to be able to monitor systems from anywhere and I have wifi. I get a little rain water in the bilge through the mast but it’s not usually a problem, cold beer isn’t a necessity either but it’s nice, I have a solar panel so battery power isn’t usually an issue either. And I live 20 minutes away from the boat. Do I need it? No. Would I use it? Yes absolutely! Realistically I can monitor our home from my cell phone too, I just enjoy the relatively inexpensive convenience and peace of mind.

Len Mitchell

S/V Crazy Legs

1989 C&C 37+

Midland On.