Ted,   Could you provide info on parts you used?  What material did you use as
base for track?  I assume replace two of the toe rail machine screws with
proper length.  Love this idea.  Bill WalkerCnC 36Pentwater, Mi.
    On Thursday, March 11, 2021, 06:32:04 AM EST, Dave S via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 That’s a cool solution.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2021, at 1:41 PM, Ted Drossos via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

Here's a link to how I added a midship
cleat.https://www.facebook.com/groups/206427463229026/permalink/298001127404992
Ted DrossosC&C 110Lady in RedBay Shore, NY

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter McMinn via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: petemcm...@gmail.com
Sent: Wed, Mar 10, 2021 2:27 am
Subject: Stus-List midship cleats on aluminum rail?

A question for those of us with aluminum toe rails. I’d like to find a solution
for midship cleating for docking/departing and springline placement. I’m
currently securing a line around a stanchion mount, which seems strong, but I’d
like to find a cleat that mounts to the toe rail. Haven’t seen anything in the
catalogs. I’m thinking a carabiner or even a soft shackle through a rail hole
might be a good fix. Given the general opinion that midship cleating is handy,
I’m curious what you use.Thanks to all of the subscribers that contributed to
the list to help with the costs involved.  If you want to show your support to
the list - use PayPal to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
Thanks - StuThanks to all of the subscribers that contributed to the list to