From: Joel Aronson via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:01 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Joel Aronson <joel.aron...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: C&C 40 rigging

It is also an insurance issue.  Many times a rigging inspection is required.

Joel

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 4:00 PM Robert Boyer via CnC-List
In my opinion, this is just a money making scheme.  Has anyone ever heard of a
rig failure of rod rigging?  My boatyard hasn’t and they were C&C dealers a
long time ago.

Bob
Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days (1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230)
Blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com<http://dainyrays.blogspot.com>
Email: dainyr...@icloud.com<mailto:dainyr...@icloud.com>
Annapolis, MD
(Presently in Baltimore MD for the summer)

On Mar 25, 2021, at 3:36 PM, Andrew Burton via CnC-List
I had mine inspected and some reheaded about five years ago on my 1981 40. We
had to replace the D3/V2 because when it was reheaded the fitting where it went
around the spreader would have been in a different place. I think we replaced
some turnbuckles, too. Just did something similar with my 1995 Baltic two years
ago. I am pretty sure you will not have to replace all the rod. The area to
really look at is the spreader tips and the fittings there.

Andy
Andrew Burton
26 Beacon Hill
Newport, RI
USA    02840

+401 965-5260

On Mar 25, 2021, at 14:59, Joe Della Barba via CnC-List
Ran into a snag:
The rigging shop I called told me rod rigging from 1981 was NOT going to pass
their survey just from age and some the fittings used back then could not be
inspected, taking them apart is a one-way trip. Does anyone have an idea on the
longevity of rod and the cost to replace it all?
It doesn’t have to be rod again, does it? Dynaform wire or Dyneema maybe?

Joe Della Barba
Coquina C&C 35 MK I
Kent Island MD USA

Joel