I believe lacquer thinner will remove the residue from the numbers. Best to
check with the sailmaker but I have done it before and then rinsed it with
fresh water afterwards.

From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: April-22-21 1:59 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Removing lettering

Wow! Yes!

I got a spinnaker from a sisterboat and had to remove its old numbers and put
on mine.  Sailmaker said remove the old numbers, put on the new numbers then
LIBERALLY sprinkle talc on the adhesive residue.  Well, I did steps 1 and 2 but
didn't have any talc.  First time we launched the chute, it didn't fully open
immediately because some of it stuck to the residue.  Needless to say, I
quickly bought talc and covered the residue with it.  Works fine now.

  --

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

Mandeville, LA

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:16 AM Steve Thomas via CnC-List