And by the way this is the last year you can renew with anything less than 5 years.  Next year only 5 year renewals will be available.

Don Kern
/Fireball,/ C&C35 Mk2
Bristol, RI

On 5/4/2021 2:11 PM, Matthew via CnC-List wrote:

FYI, the five-year renewal already started.  I have a five-year document.

*From:* Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 04, 2021 1:56 PM
*To:* CnClist <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
*Cc:* Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
*Subject:* Stus-List USCG documentation renewal

Well, it's that time again!  I just got my notice from "Vessel Documentation Portal".  I took a Sharpie and wrote "REFUSED. RETURN TO SENDER" on it and put it back in the mailbox.  It usually arrives a few weeks BEFORE the official notification from USCG.

For the newbies, this is one of several third party services that will help you renew your USCG documentation............for a fee.  A large fee.

You can renew without any additional fees at:

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Deputy-for-Operations-Policy-and-Capabilities-DCO-D/National-Vessel-Documentation-Center/ <https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Deputy-for-Operations-Policy-and-Capabilities-DCO-D/National-Vessel-Documentation-Center/>

or

http://www.uscg.mil/nvdc/ <http://www.uscg.mil/nvdc/>

If you Google "USCG vessel documentation renewal" you will get, in addition to the real USCG Vessel Documentation Center, other third party entities which will gladly take a large fee and file your renewal for you.  Nothing illegal about these third parties.  You are welcome to use them.  It's just irritating that they design their mailouts and website to look very official thus deceiving the uninformed boat owner into thinking they are the real USCG NVDC.

Be aware.

Also, be advised that the USCG has new forms and, effective Jan 2022, will be extending the term of your documentation certificate to five years from one year.  The fee will increase from $26 to $130 ($26 x 5).

--

Dennis C.

Touche' 35-1 #83

Mandeville, LA