Lots of ways to swap the halyards.  Use a variation on this.

Tie a messenger line securely to each halyard.  Pull the halyards so the
messenger line is in the mast.  This will clear the exit plates, sheaves,
etc. for access.  Using "special tool H" (wire coat hanger bent with a
shallow hook) reach through the HIGHEST exit and grab the messenger for the
halyard that exits lower.  Pull it through.

Now, tie a weight on the other messenger string and drop it down the mast
through its exit.  Reach across from the low exit and grab it.  Pull the
messengers and the halyards should be swapped.  They should run free.

Reconfiguring running rigging isn't as difficult as deciding where you want
everything.

If you race, then you definitely want the spinnaker halyards to exit on the
opposite side.  That way your crew hoisting the chute will always be on the
high side.

Ideally, you'd want the jib halyards, if you boat is so equipped, to be
swapped also.  However, that's not as important because a) you may be
approaching the downwind mark on the opposite gybe from the set and the
boat may be standing up more than when the chute was set.  In my
experience, it's not often that you approach a downwind mark with a
tremendous amount of heel.

Also, it's not difficult to install additional exits in a mast.  Just cut
the hole, make sure there are no sharp edges and slap on an exit plate.
Probably more difficult is installing the hardware to turn the halyard at
the mast base and run it aft.

Touche's two spin halyards are external.  As such, they are difficult to
swap.  The choices would be to swap them on the forward side of the mast.
That would be a poor choice.  The second way would be to install entry
plates near the masthead and exit plates at the deck,run them internally
and swap them inside the mast.  Lots of work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_sb5TfIENvsS0laTFU3VUlDTXM/view?usp=sharing

Also, while we're on the subject of chute hoists, I installed a spinnaker
halyard parking cleat.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l4zjGelVZFb6ovcoiTm1w8widYvuqKYz/view?usp=sharing

These are slick.  Your mast person hoists the chute and the halyard cleats
itself as it is hoisted.  Then your pit person, after all the activity at
the rounding, can simply pull the halyard and it will uncleat, ready to
drop.  This assumes your spin halyard is run aft to a rope clutch.

I don't know where to get one.  I got that one from Annapolis Performance
Sailing before it went bust.

  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83