From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 5:00 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: IDA - C&Cers check in

Update.  Dock neighbor says Touche' is fine.  The water is now 4-6 inches over
the pier.  The highest was 4.5 feet over the pier.  Fortunately, there is no
wave action in my marina.  Touche's slip is at  30°20'59.25"N  90° 3'14.41"W
which is well off the lake.

Here at the house we're still without power with no indication of when
restoration will occur.  Generator is keeping the beer cold and the ice frozen.
 Life is good (well, kinda).

Make no mistake.  Ida was one nasty storm.  I feel for the folks in NOLA.  The
loss of the major transmission line is going to delay power restoration for
weeks.

I went to get materials to repair a broken window.  Few  traffic lights are
working.  Those few gas stations that have gas have long, long lines.  Those
few fast food places that have power have long lines.

I-10 westbound through Baton Rouge was absolutely packed with cars.  I suspect
many folks that didn't evacuate the New Orleans area for the storm are now
leaving because they won't have power for weeks.  Not sure if I'd like the idea
of leaving my house in NOLA without power and a monitored security system.  Sad
commentary but true.

Communication was nonexistent until yesterday afternoon when we got minimal
text service.  Voice calling and internet cell service followed about 2-3 hours
later.  It was this way for Katrina.
--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83