Hey Mike,
I don't think there is "one best sailmaker" that knows a 34R.  I love my boat
and how she sails, but I have to admit I never spent the money necessary to
campaign her like she deserves,  I never had racing sails built for my boat but
used the sails that came with her.  Long way to say I don't know.

Here's my long story (excuse):   My boat came with 17 sails when I bought her
in 2002.  The original North dacron main was built in 1989 and it was probably
the sail that won races at Block Island Race Week that year.  I used the North
main for the first few years cruising, daysailing, and overnight camping.  I
switched to a '96 Banks mainsail that was dacron with kevlar panels when we
started racing.  And later when we started racing more seriously we switched to
the newest, flattest sails on the boat, 1998 UK Poweredge Kevlar string sail.
This worked well untill an upper panel blew out at the end of 2012.  I switched
back to the '96 Banks and later bought a used J-109 mainsail from Bacon which I
had altered to shorten the foot and raise the clew.

Chuck Scheaffer Resolute 1989 34R, Pasadena, Md
cscheaf...@comcast.net mailto:cscheaf...@comcast.net