Always pleasantly surprised at the speed of the C&C. This past Sunday with 10
to 15kn  wind I was sailing from Shelter Island with a friend in a 92 Morris
Justine.  On the a 13 mile run between Orient Point and Westbrook CT on a beam
to close reach the C&C Landfall consistently outpaced the Morris. By the end we
were probably close to 3/4 mile ahead.
I though weight might be the biggest factor but the sail area to displacement
favored the Morris??  Does this come down to hull shape?  Not sure I was out
sailing him as I think he was pretty dialed in as well.   I suppose the Morris
may be more built for offshore maybe??  Would love some thoughts from the group!
Thanks in advance!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android