Ericson and Camper Nicholson also used glassed-in stainless steel
chainplates that can be a major pain to replace. My 35-2 appears to be
leak-free at the chainplates, but this thread has me thinking I need to
check them again. The only leak we've had lately is the centre stand-up
block behind the mast - since leading my new vang through it, it began
leaking this summer, but butyl has cured it nicely. I guess the vang line
placed more stress on the block than the mainsheet that was previously lead
through it.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com