I have something similar that came with my boat. PO was a live aboard and was
plugged into shore power. Rather than running most of his 12v items off house
batteries, he plugged the 12v power supply into a 110 outlet onboard and
powered the 12v side of the panel (lights, propane solenoid, bilge pumps, etc)
using the 12v source.  I guess to prevent running his batteries down..
I’m on a mooring so I removed it and installed an inverter/ battery charger
that I can run off my solar panels.
Chuck Gilchrest
1983 LF 35

Sent from my iPhone