John,  I winter in northern Michigan, and I have no doubt that the sun hitting
one side of my rudder when on the hard through the winter heated up that
side(vc 17 gray) drawing moisture to that side, and freezing at night.  That
side of rudder developed hairline, very hairline, cracks in gel coat.  I had
rudder dried out, glassed over and all is fine.  But I do understand others
have at least wrapped rudder in something to prevent the heating a mbv d
freezing. Bill Walker CnC 36Pentwater, Mi.
    On Friday, January 7, 2022, 01:53:14 PM EST, John McCrea via CnC-List