Off topic a bit, but there is a great series of photos of Mir roaring along
under spinnaker, staysail, full main, mizzen staysail, and mizzen as she neared
the finish of the Transpac Race called “the Agony of Mir.”  It captures her
mainmast going over the side. The last pic of the series is her, after the
wreckage is cleared, finishing backwards under mizzen staysail.
Brilliant!

Andy

Andrew Burton
26 Beacon Hill
Newport, RI
USA    02840

+401 965-5260

>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 9:47 PM John Irvin via CnC-List
>> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>> The story continues. Thanks!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On Mar 16, 2022, at 9:16 PM, JohnKelly Cuthbertson via CnC-List
>> > <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > If we remember George H. Cuthbertson and his partner at the time Peter
>> > Davidson had come across the 78’ ketch Mir for Harry Greb of Greb Shoes
>> > Co. G.H.C. sailed her across the Atlantic and brought her to Lake Ontario
>> > in 1953. Mr. Greb had
>> >
> --

Please trim your messages before sending to the list.  Thankx