3M 4200

From: John McCrea via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: March-21-22 5:28 PM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: johnmcc...@comcast.net
Subject: Stus-List Chainplate Sealing.

Hello. I have a leak on my port side chainplate that needs addressing. I
pulled both chainplate cover plates and noticed that I had a stainless rod
on starboard that holds the two chainplates pieces together. One on port is
missing. Maybe that is causing excess movement and more adapt to leak? The
covers are original and thin 1/16 aluminum. I am getting them beefed up to
1/8 stainless.

Looks like the PO had only sealed them with clear silicone. So that will all
be dug out. I am also inspecting the hull tabbing below with the chainplates
etc to ensure that I do not have any issues there. What is the best sealant
to use when installing the new cover plates? Thanks!

Regards,

John McCrea

Talisman

1979 36-1