Easy to check solenoid.  Try checking power to the solenoid.  Clean
connections.  You should hear a clunk sound when activated.  Also.  There may
be a gas detection safety panel instalked that needs investigation.

________________________________
From: ALAN BERGEN via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 1:16:06 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: ALAN BERGEN <trya...@alumni.usc.edu>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Propane Stove Solenoid

There should be two propane switches - one on the electrical panel (a circuit
breaker) and one near the stove. Flip on the circuit breaker and have someone
listen to the solenoid while you flip the switch near the stove. If the
solenoid is working, make sure you have enough gas in the cylinder. Is there a
pressure gauge? How much pressure is there? Beginning of the season, I always
top off the propane. Try that. Next turn on the gas at the stove, and listen
for gas flowing. Finally, try lighting the stove using a match instead of using
the starter swtitch at the stove. Remember, if the stove hasn't been used in a
long time, it might take a while for gas to run from the cylinder to the stove.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 12:28 PM Todd Williams via CnC-List
Like many of us, I am excited to get Indigo Out We Go back into the waters of
Lake Ontario in about a month!!! She is a 1980 C&C 34 that we bought last year.
She is a great boat for us because she was stored inside in the off season but
many of her accessories were not functioning, leading to a good financial deal
for us.

One of those accessories is the propane stove and oven. I can’t get the stove
to light. It feels to me like there is gas in the 3 pound cylinder and the gas
lines look intact. I have the solenoid switch turned on. Could it be that the
solenoid has failed? Or is there some other likely trouble in the system?

This isn’t a huge deal because I bought a transom mount propane grill (summer
cooking is cooler outside) and I bring my white gas backpacking stove on our
multi day adventures.

Thanks in advance for the wisdom,

TODD
Sodus Bay, NY