Hello all,

I've had 2 recent successes that might be helpful to know about.  The first
came about because I could not find spray SailKote for an extended period
of time, even here in St. Pete, FL.  Even West Marine didn't have any in
stock.  I had used "Super Slick Stuff" spray at home (available at Lowe's
for about $6.50) with good results.  I had put bronze bushings in our
gooseneck, and it was a great fix, but it was a little creaky.  I tried
spraying it with silicone, silcone with Teflon in it, and even "Dry Lube"
spray all to little effect.  2 days later, it would be creaking again.
Finally, I tried the Super Slick Stuff.  The creaking is gone, even after
more than a week, and no, it does not leave a residue that would collect
dirt.  I've also tried it on my sail slugs with good results.  I think it
is at least as good as SailKote, and certainly less expensive.

The second recommendation is regarding deck delamination.  I had an area
that was about 6" x 18" ahead of our sliding hatch that was fully
delaminated, and whatever core remained was mush.  I could also see where
the prior owner had drilled small holes, presumable to inject CPES (Clear
Penetrating Epoxy Sealer), so I had no idea how hard it would be to remove
the deck in the area to replace the core.  I found a product called
"Injectadeck" and talked to the owners.  I decided to give it a try.  It
worked as advertised, being a two-part injectable foam that hardens to a
very lightweight, but virtually rock-hard material.  We went from a clearly
hollow sounding area to one that is both structurally sound and when
tapped, sounds like a solid deck.  I would use it again.

Hoping you find this helpful,

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+
"Astralis"