Thanks all for the responses.

The foredeck repair would be on the current owner’s dime, so is very good to
hear a very favorable review of them.  Thanks Joel.  Would prefer to have any
unforeseen issues discovered once the deck is opened up while the owner is on
the hook, than taking a price reduction and taking that repair risk.

The standing rigging is something of a black hole, and I really appreciate all
the comments.  Do not have firm information of if / when the rod / rigging was
inspected.  Fortuitously,  John Harries [Attainable Adventure / Morgan’s Cloud]
posted an article on inspecting roller furling, which reference earlier
articles on inspecting spars and rigging.  He says what several of you have
said; rod can last decades / 10’s of k offshore miles and the typical failure
point, if it occurs, is the cold formed heads.

Based on all these comments, am leaning toward having a “stepped mast”
pre-purchase rigging inspection and then pulling the mast over the winter for a
full inspection of all the heads / fittings / turnbuckles / rod cups on the
mast, etc.  Assuming a purchase can happen…  Will contact Annapolis Rigging, M
Yacht and a couple others in that area for pricing and availability.  RigPro is
on the rigger list for a full inspection, though not overly convenient / local.
 Sending any rigging needing replacement to Rigging Only or BSI might save some
$$.  The distance between Fairhaven and Portsmouth is < 20 miles.

FWIW – have also heard / read some saying one can rehead any rod, and others
emphatically opining not to for continuous rod that passes over a spreader as
the bend point over the spreaders will not line up again and leave the rod
weakened.  Seems like something of an art vs. science field in general.

Thanks again.  The collective knowledge of this list is amazing.

Brian