I have never used this on teak, but I had very good results with other exotic
woods with high levels of natural oil (e.g., blood wood). You may want to try
High Performance satin varnish from General Finishes. It is water based, which
is an extra plus.

It holds well for about 4 years (so far), without any signs of wear. Mind you,
we don't walk on it (I used it on a mantle piece). However, a friend of mine
who recommended this product, used it with success on the stairs.

Of course, ymwv, as I don't have a clue how this may work in a marine
environment.

Marek
1994 C270 Legato
Ottawa ON

Sent from my Android-based can on a string