Hi Mathew,

I've been told teak won't hold paint.  Mahoghany can be painted but not teak.

Last year I painted my fiberglass ceiling.  I had added some fiberglass cloth
over high stress areas under the clutches and faired with Total Fair, so these
areas were green.  I chose a good quality exterior latex paint from Behr.  "Off
White" is the color and I love how it looks.  I chose the Scrub Defense version
with "paint and primer" is in the can.   One coat using a mohair roller did the
trick hiding all the differenet colors of fairing and filled holes, ets; all my
good work and it looks like a new boat, better than when I got her twenty years
ago.  I chose Behr simply because fifteen years ago, I had Home Depot color
match my deck and painted a few areas that were scraped pretty bad.  That paint
never peeled or flaked off after fifteen years, while some much more expensive
and smelly Brightside paint did within five years

There are many good paints available now; Zinnser, Kiltz, but also Rustoleum
sprays and any good exterior house paint.

I would suggest using a high quailty water based paint for your interior.

Chuck Scheaffer, Resolute 1989 C&C 34R, Annapolis