Classic pressure switch problem.  I wasted countless hours an $$$ with Jabsco
pumps.  Recommend you try a different manufacture.  Many cheaper, more reliable
options on Amazon.

________________________________
From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2022 8:41:35 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Fresh water pump dead?

Did you liberally purge it?  If it has any air in it, it will continue to run.
Run several gallons through it and then check it.

Barring that, the pressure switch may need adjusting.
--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 9:40 AM David Knecht via CnC-List
I am back to working on the freshwater pump problem.  I replaced the old pump
(unknown age) with the same model Jabsco ParMax 1 that had failed and now it is
pressurizing the system, so the old pump was definitely the problem.  However,
the new pump will not shut off, even if left for extended time.  I can find no
water or air leaks and the system stays pressurized enough to get water from
the sink days after running the pump, so it does not seem to have a leak on the
outlet side.  I am stumped as to why it will not shut off.  Suggestions?  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

[cid:182f9eb4bcc5349b00c1]