My 4 yr old water heater started leaking as I was filling it for the first
time this year.  It is a 6 gal. Seaward [Whale] unit and only connected to
the engine coolant circuit [no A/C on board, just 12 V]

Planning to replace it with the same unit as that "should" be the easiest /
quickest. Two questions for the group:

1] The heater comes in galvanized steel and white epoxy versions.  The
latter is more $ but is it worth it from a corrosion or other standpoint?
It is not visible so aesthetics are not important.

2]  Found both units on Amazon for less than Defender and other
distributors.  Has anyone bought parts / equipment from Amazon Marine?
Usually Amazon delivers when they indicate, but I ordered some ink for a
home printer and it still has not been delivered after 8 weeks.

Thanks,

Brian

Ps - Very sad news about Rob.  Amazing how a "simple" fall can cause a
cascade of events.  Not much comfort, but at least it was tangentially
boating related.