Yea when I torqued the keel bolts on my 35mkII I used a 4 ft extension on
the drive knowing I could pull about 100 pounds so i figured about 350-400
lbft of torque. Trickiest part was finding space to get one click on the
3/4 inch drive ratchet. I used an extension from the socket down in the
bilge to the ratchet about 2 feet long to get above the settees and that
worked to get 1 click with the 4 ft extension on the drive. A wobbly setup
but I got the job done complete with new bedding and 3/8 inch stainless
steel backing plates below the nuts. Then I did the famous C&C smile repair
from the outside and solved that ugly issue.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 11:46 AM Joe Della Barba via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I should have driven down and got it. 350 pounds is a LOT. My arms are
> still sore!
>
> FYI – what you think is really tight with a normal extension is about 150
> pounds, not 350. I have about 4 feet total to get to 350.
>
> If anyone needs to borrow the torque meter let me know.
>

> Joe Della Barba
>
> Coquina C&C 35 MK I
>
> Kent Island MD USA

Sent from Gmail Mobile