From: Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2022 9:30:41 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: pete.shelqu...@comcast.net <pete.shelqu...@comcast.net>; Dave S
<syerd...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: charger/inverter

Pete - when I researched this there were very few that had a lithium-specific
output, however the AGM charge profile was recommended.  (Lithium specific may
not be necessary)
This was useful because I could use my existing charger, which offers 3 charge
profiles, but cannot simultaneously charge multiple types - you can’t mix.   I
was planning a lithium house bank and an agm start battery.
I had decided an inverter/charger was not in scope because I did not wish to
support higher wattage AC appliances, and also because the chargers and typical
associated infrastructure were expensive and overkill for my needs. (It
logically ends up being sized as a system, and my boat is relatively small - a
33 mark ii.)
There are those who will insist that a lithium bank warrants a high-current
charger since the lithium bank can charge at a faster rate, suggesting that you
don’t get the full benefit of the lithium bank otherwise.   This is a spendy
slope and imho flawed logic - my car is capable of very high speeds, however I
don’t drive at 200km/hr to justify the purchase.  I don’t need or want to.
If you need to charge extra fast at a quick marina pit-stop then that’s
different.
All This to say that as I noodled a similar upgrade I came around to sticking
with my old xantrex charger - I think it will do three banks at 20a each. The
whole system works better than I could have hoped and I never looked back.
Dave 33-2

http://cncwindstar.blogspot.com/2020/09/4-chargers-controllers-and-monitoring.html?m=1<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcncwindstar.blogspot.com%2F2020%2F09%2F4-chargers-controllers-and-monitoring.html%3Fm%3D1&data=05%7C01%7C%7C3dcd243093774d0436a308dac9825a57%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638043858940613246%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=oJAqRnpWTEpvUO3sNcjcomuGyKAPgY4n5TfSJM1FJzQ%3D&reserved=0>

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 18, 2022, at 10:38 AM, pete.shelquist--- via CnC-List