Thanks Andrew and all others who responded with excellent info.   Just
walked away from one potential purchase, but there are many others out
there...   Will be reaching directly out once I pull the trigger.

Many thanks again!

Dave 33-2

On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 at 19:26, Andrew Burton via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I’m keen on Dickerson Harbor on the Eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay.
> My boat lives there in the winter. 8’ draft so I have to wait for a very
> high tide to get in and out. Nice competent people and you can work on your
> boat yourself.
> Lovely anchorages around there, too.
> Andy
>
> Andrew Burton
> 26 Beacon Hill
> Newport, RI
> USA 02840
>
> +401 965 5260
> https://sites.google.com/site/andrewburtonyachtservices/
>

> On Jan 2, 2023, at 17:16, Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Contemplating my next boat and have realized that sailing is best
> enjoyed in a place that isn’t frozen.  Am looking to purchase a boat -
> likely in the Caribbean, with the intention of cruising farther afield in
> 2-3 years.  The border services (taxation)  folks in my beautiful native
> Canada are most willing to share in the adventure by charging an exorbitant
> stack o’taxes and duties should said boat arrive for importation in Canada
> to enjoy a 4 month sailing season or two.   As a Canadian citizen I cannot
> not import it, not easily anyway.
> So - we go away and we stay away, and we refit in the USA.
> Can anyone recommend a yard in the south east that is reasonable and
> decent to deal with?  I have been told that if Florida then north of
> Jupiter.
> Anyone have any other thoughts or experience on the subject?
>
> Many thanks all.
>
> Dave 33-2
>

> Sent from my iPhone
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
>
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu
Thanks for your help.