Everyone - thanks very much for the very useful and informative responses -
much appreciated!  The goal is to get setup as simply as possible.

I am tending for symmetrical setup for sure - just nice to be able to go close
to DDW efficiently - for cruising and racing (no asymmetrical in our fleet).

So here’s where I’m at…

1. Baby stay - attach snap shackle at base with bungee to pull it to base of
mast when disengaged.  Use block and tackle on baby stay for adjustments (maybe
4:1, not sure yet).

2. Topping lift - consensus is that there is a sheave in the slot 2/3 the way
up the mast I will check that out for sure.  I will keep topping lift cleat on
the mast - for end to end gybe’s it should require minimal adjustments.

3. Inboard end - I will attach a ring to the mast (head highish) and plan on
gybing end to end.

4. Downhaul - I saw the pics thanks but did not see a picture of the deck
fitting.  I’m pretty sure I could devise a system that connects to toe rail mid
pole distance

Once again what a great response from this forum - thanks.  I will reply with
an update hopefully sooner than later!

Andy (Tryfan)\
C&C33-2 Comox, BC
Thanks for your help.