Hey Dennis,

Had the electric fuel booster pump quit on me in East River, NY.  We learned we
could run the engine up to about half throttle to get to a marina where we
could work on it.  Universal M4-30.  We motored to Atlantic Highlands and took
a mooring to work on the engine.  We didn't know we had an electric pump having
just bought the boat and the thing was all black and looked like a manifold.
Went to town and bought new filters and belts.  We spent half a day, changed
all the filters and belt and bled the injectors before realizing a little black
wire had a green coroded terminal going that manifold.  Cleaned the terminal
with some WD40 and 400 grit sand paper and when we turned on the key, heard
what we thought was a manifold going "tic-tic-tic".  Engine started right up.

We didn't need the engine much after we fixed it, as a front blowing 25 to 30
off the land, blew us all the way down the Jersey coast on flat water with main
and small jib to Atlantic City.  I replaced the pump with one from NAPA after
we got the boat home, and she's run fine since.

Chuck Scheaffer, 1989 C&C 34R, boat is presently near Annapolis

Thanks for your help.
Stu