First, agree with the suspicion that the bolts are carriage types.

Couple of off the wall ideas.

Above the deck - Place a couple pieces of 2x4 on edge on the deck either
side of the deck fitting.  Lay a strong piece of angle iron across them
over the fitting.  Hook a large C-clamp under the pin in the fitting and on
top of the angle.  Try to pop the fitting off the deck by tightening the
clamp.  Maybe try one end first (two bolts) instead of the middle (4 bolts).

Below the deck - Screw one of the existing nuts up several turns on the
bolt so several threads are exposed.  Place a smaller size socket over the
threads and against the nut.  Somehow position a hefty clamp (or two) on
the downrod so it contacts the socket. Or clamp a piece of 2x4 to the
downrod under the socket.  Use an open end wrench to loosen the nut.
Hopefully the nut will press down on the socket which will be held by the
clamp and the bolt will rise.  If successful, repeat for the other bolts.

Failing that, resort to Special Tool H (hammer).

Legal caveat:  the ideas expressed above have no bearing in reality or past
experience.  Use at your own risk..

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Sat, Jun 3, 2023 at 8:43 AM Adrian C Humphreys via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I want to re-bed the chainplate covers on my C&C 33-2.
>
> Please help me understand how they are fastened. I have undone the
> cabin-side nuts on the 4 bolts, but they are resisting my efforts to
> withdraw the bolts from the deck-side, where the bolts have round heads.
>
> A socket wrench on the cabin-side nuts unscrewed them easily without
> needing a wrench on the deck-side.
> Are the bolts welded to the covers?
>
> To lift the cover without damage to cover or boat:
>   Do you hammer on the bolts from below?
>   Do you lever the covers up from the deck side?
>
> Images here:
> https://telamontech.com/epilogue/images/chainplateCabin.jpg
>
> https://telamontech.com/epilogue/images/chainplateDeck.jpg
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adrian Humphreys
> Epilogue, Rockport ME
> C&C 33-2
> adri...@telamontech.com
>

> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu

Thanks for your help.