Agree.  Shop rebuild best.  Tolerances, adjustments are critical.  Shop will
have proper tools, gauges.  I had 2 Velvet drive transmissions rebuilt 12 years
ago with good result.

________________________________
From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2023 7:25:18 AM
To: CNC boat owners, cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Rebuilding a Hurth transmission

Anybody ever rebuild a Hurth transmission?  I believe the clutch discs on mine
have worn to the point they need to be replaced.  There are a few YouTube
videos online that show the process.   Very challenging and parts alone are
$537.   I think I can remove the unit from the engine and take it to a machine
shop with a press, and have them rebuild it using my parts.

Chuck Scheaffer 1989 C&C 34R, Annapolis
Thanks for your help.
Stu