Precision Sails in Vancouver do a good job for a fair price if you decide to
get a new one.

________________________________
From: Peter Fell via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2023 7:41:25 PM
To: 1 CnC List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Peter Fell <prf...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List C&C 27 Mainsail

I've determined the main on my 27 MkIII is actually sized for a MkII. So,
P=29ft vs 31ft and E=9.5ft vs 10ft ... which explains why I could never fully
hoist to the upper black mark. No idea how old the main is. It has a couple
patches. It had some stitching redone about 10 years ago and converted to loose
foot at the same time. I recall the loft mamager inspecting it and making
several comments at the time, for example on batten pockets, along the lines of
"we haven't done things like that for decades" ... so that gives some
perspective on age, perhaps.

Now I've come across a very decent main for $400 CAD, but it's for a Newport
28. The Newport has a P=32.5ft and E=10.3ft. But I think this particular one
measures a P around 32ft. Regardless, a bit bigger than ideal. So I have it
from the seller to test fit. I'll see if I can get it into one of the local
lofts to be checked out.

Thoughts? Drop the boom a bit? Get it recut?
Thanks for your help.
Stu