When we went to the Dark Side my 40 to 49’ was  not questioned.  But reading on
Trawler Forum, the 10’ increments are a thing.

From: Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2023 7:49 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Insurance for larger boat - 15 foot increase maximum?

Still haven't gotten any more information on this.

Dennis C.

On Sun, Jul 2, 2023 at 2:19 PM Dennis C. via CnC-List
This is strange.  I was chatting with a friend who is looking for a larger boat
(power).  He said a couple of insurance representatives and a knowledgeable
broker told him he could not get insurance for a boat more than 15 feet longer
than his existing boat unless he has a master's license.  Anybody else heard
that?

Can't seem to find an answer on the internet.  And how does one buy a first
boat if it's long?

He's okay because he is only moving from 23 feet to 37 feet.  He has taken the
Power Squadron course and said that didn't matter.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

--