Spending a few days on Touche’ cruising turns up a few gremlins. Here’s an
interesting one.

Bilge pump was running a bit more than expected. Found the gasket on the head
of my Shurflo pressure water was leaking. I depressured the pump, tightened the
screws and it quit. I suspect the air in the accumulator had leaked out over
the years so the diaphragm pump was hammering on the fasteners pretty good and
they loosened.  An accumulator dampens the water hammer.

I grabbed the air pump for my fenders and added some air for insurance. When I
get back to home slip I’ll depressure the water side and check the air side for
pressure.

All this while the Navy Blue Angels we’re practicing overhead.

Dennis C.
Touché 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA
Thanks for your help.