Excellent suggestions, thank you! I have a roll of Bed-it tape on the way
(https://shop.sailboatowners.com/prod.php?55717) and a call out among sailing
buddies for a good moisture meter. Forgot about using alcohol for moisture
abatement, I’ll get on that today.

Nathan, how deep do you cut that 45—just passed the gelcoat into glass?

Matt, yes, I was actually relieved the water (maybe 1.5qt when discovered) was
contained. Keeping it all warm drying in the wettest part of the year will be a
challenge.

The chainplates were new fabs installed in a 2011 refit, replacing the
originals. They were built to spec and still look like new. There doesn’t
appear to be any lifting off the deck, which I’ve heard is an issue when the
bolt holes oval due to…other issues. The yard used caulking on the deck instead
of butyl, which probably accounts for the failure. Anxious to start getting
things apart to dry/inspect the backsides.

So, a question on cored deck design for my vintage boat (‘85). Do these decks
have solid glass around the chainplate?
Thanks for your help.
Stu