Just a reminder to all to check the hoses on your engine.  Just completed
an 11 day cruise on Touche'.  Once in the home slip, I smelled coolant.
Investigation revealed a pinhole leak in the hose that runs from the
exhaust manifold to the heat exchanger on the back of my Universal 25XPB.
On removal, the hose was very deteriorated.  The engine was installed in
2003 and has about 2000 hours on it.

The last couple hours of the trip was pounding into 18-20 knots on the
nose.  It would not have been a good time for the engine to overheat.

I will be replacing all the hoses on the engine.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83