Hey Bill,

I am replacing my 12 and 13 year old AGM batteries with AGMs.  I spent at least
40 hours this winter learning about Lithium, because decent lithium batteries
can be found for a few dollars more than AGMs.  But I don't have room on my
boat for the inverter/charger and all the costs of that and all the modules and
cables, required to complete a system like that, pushes a lithium project way
over my budget.   I am installing a Victron shunt to read my power useage and
monitor various loads, and I'm adding some fuses at each battery, so I can
always upgrade the system later, if it's warranted.

I'll be adding a cheap 1000watt pure sine wave inverter to power my TV, DVD,
chargers and coffee maker.

Curious about your project.

Chuck Scheaffer, Resolute 1989 C&C 34R, Annapolis

> On 02/15/2024 4:27 PM EST Bill Coleman via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>

> I'm a little surprised, I would have expected a progressive fellow such as
> yourself to be jumping into lithium. I am wasting an inordinate amount of
> time researching charger inverters, and I think although the lithium
> batteries may come down more in the future, I think because I need new
> batteries the time is now.
>
> Bill Coleman
>
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2024, 12:34 Joe Della Barba via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>

> > > I recently got a big AGM battery that needs a big charger. I have a
> > > ProNautic 15 amp charger with a battery temperature probe that is
> > > necessary for correct charging of any lead-acid battery. It can charge 1,
> > > 2, or 3 batteries and has a lot of settings for various charge profiles.
> > >
> > > It works fine, it is only being removed because I got a bigger charger.
> > > They sell for $350-$400 new, I will send this one to any USA address for
> > > $150 shipped. Canada might be more, I would have to check.
> > >
> > > (Odyssey battery company told me they want their battery charged with at
> > > least a 30 amp charger and ideally a lot more, apparently they need to be
> > > hit hard to stay good)
> > >

> > Joe Della Barba
> >
> > Coquina C&C 35 MK I
> >
> > Kent Island MD USA
> >

> > Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> > help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> > https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Stu
> >
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and help
> me pay the associated bills. Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu

Thanks for your help.