Jacob,

Like Josh suggested, a good machine shop can probably help.  Failing that,
I'd take the exchanger to a good radiator shop.

I had corrosion and leakage on the sealing surface of a side plate of the
Atomic 4 that was in Touche' when I bought it.  Repaired it with JB Weld
and a flat file.  Sealed up great and didn't leak for years until I
repowered it.

Is this it?

https://www.dam-marine.com/gb/home/32570-yanmar-3hm35-cooling-fresh-water-cooler-75b8dbdd.html

BTW, there's a complete 3HM35F on eBay for $5000.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 7:35 AM jacob fuerst via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Good day,
>
> In the process of doing some much needed engine upkeep on a 3HM35 and I
> found the heat exchanger case has some corrosion around the front seal and
> may not reseal or at least not for very long. There is quite a bit of
> additional corrosion around the front of the same case. The local yanmar
> shop said they looked for a replacement to no avail. Perhaps someone here
> knows of a lead?
>
> That said I’m not entirely opposed to dropping a new engine in because the
> heat exchanger isn’t the only issue and I don’t even know the serial number
> because the ID plate fell off before I became the owner and who knows the
> total hours.
>
> My understanding is these boats were originally fitted with the 3QM30 but
> at some point a 3HM35 with 2 bladed folding prop was installed in mine. My
> question is if a 3YM30AE would be a sufficient replacement. The local shop
> points out the higher rpm of the 3YM and believes it would be underpowered
> compared to the current 3HM and is suggesting a 3JH40.
>
> I’m interested to hear any thoughts or experiences you might have. Thanks
> in advance!
>
> Jacob Fuerst
> 303-520-4669
> 1978 C&C 36