Hi,
we are using cobbler to mange several machines in different networks.
I have implemented a prove of concept for Cobbler suggesting free and
not yet managed IP addresses. You can find the code in my github
ip_range branch [1]. Basically this is just a button in the web frontend
that puts a available IP address into the ip_address input field. Keep
in mind this is just a proof of concept and I am learning Python by this.

What do you think about this functionality in general? Is this something
People could use? If that's the case I could try to hack something more
mature (i.e. use netaddr)  and more well-engeneered in a few days.

regards
Peter

[1] https://github.com/klassenpeter/cobbler/tree/ip_range