Hi all, we developed some automation to create Cobbler system records
automatically (using the XMLRPC API), but we're finding that performance drops
drastically as the number of records scales up.  Using a benchmark script to
generate records sequentially, we see that the creation time goes from a
starting average of 2 seconds to 20 seconds at about 500 records, and at the
end of a long run (~1000 records) we can see creation times as high as 150s.

Logs indicate that the internal consistency check that Cobbler performs to
prevent dupes is creating a *lot* of overhead.  The constant resizing of the
dictionary that contains all system records seems to be the issue.  We saw no
difference in performance between 2.4 and 2.6, despite the API request queuing
improvements in 2.6.

Has anyone else come across this?  Currently I'm working with pprofile to try
to get more detail on the bottleneck, and will follow up here.  Any/all
experiences, suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Tony