On 03/12/2012 09:23 AM, Robert Jacobson wrote:

Hi,

I had a problem the other day; my cobbler server (RHEL6.2,
cobbler-2.0.11-2.el6.noarch, cobbler-web-2.0.11-2.el6.noarch) was bogged
down quite a bit my httpd processes.  Nearly all the CPU was being used.

I believe I have narrowed it down to the 4-or-5 tabs I had ;eft open to
the cobbler web interface.  They were open for several hours at least
(maybe a day?).  Restarting apache didn't resolve the issue -- the CPU
usage climbed very high again.  But after I closed the tabs (and
restarted apache again), the CPU usage went back to idle.

It's odd -- just one tab consumes 4% CPU just sitting at the cobbler
home page.  It appears that the pages execute periodic ajax queries.  If
you have a lot of tabs open, those queries seem to add up and create a
bottleneck of some kind (???).

If I turn off Javascript in the browser, the CPU usage on the server
goes away.

Anyone else seeing this?  Is there anything I can do on the server side
to alleviate this?  Obviously I can avoid opening a bunch of tabs -- but
that's the way I like to work! :(

Same here:
https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/issues/37
https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/ticket/631

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702